There are many powerful natural resources that we have now learned to harness and feed your skin. Here are a few fantastic ingredients to watch for in your favorite products:
The Açaí Berry from the Amazon rain forest in Brazil has been proven to enhance moisture levels while providing powerful anti-oxidants to promote healthy youthful skin. The açaí palm is the source of the berry and has a high nutritional and energetic value with anti-oxidant levels 4 to 10 times that of other berries.
Properties of the Berry :
- Essential fatty acids: Omegas 3, 6 and 9 beneficial in cell rejuvenation and healthy skin.
- Phytosterols – excellent source of Vitamin C
- Capabilities to act as an effective after-sun care treatment to address sun damage.
The Acai Berry can help the skin in the following areas:
- Targeting issues on the skin related to the effects of environmental exposure and damage
- Helping to even skin tone/texture
- Restoring dry/dehydrated skin
- Replenishing nutrients and minerals
- Protecting the skin from harsh environmental factors including cold, sun and pollutants
- Improving the skin’s moisture levels at the stratum level.
Be sure that the berries in your skin care product have been certified as sustainably harvested.
- Its capacity of water absorption is extremely high
- Approximately 240% higher than Lanolin or other animal or vegetable sterols
- Leaves the skin soft and comfortable, restoring natural levels of moisture
- Helps in skin recovery
Intergrifolia Pacific Seaweed
This amazing seaweed is found in the pristine Pacific waters of coastal British Columbia Canada. This seaweed comes from fast growing tips of the giant kelp plant and contains a rich array of vital nutrients from the sea. When it’s cold processed all of it’s amazing natural properties are maintained. Many other kelp/seaweed active ingredients that are provided and used in cosmetics are inferior in quality due to the fact that they are dehydrated under high temperatures which can denature the kelp and diminish it’s beneficial qualities.
Why & How Pacific Seaweed is beneficial for the skin:
- It contains 70+ micronutrients such as; iron, copper, zinc, boron, manganese and cobalt that help to promote beautiful glowing skin.
- Contains a range of beneficial vitamins such as; E, C, B and others that help to protect and renew the skin.
- Also contains common natural food preservatives of sorbate and potassium phosphate
- contains the essentials to help combat specific signs of age and promote cell regeneration.
Minerals: The many minerals in this kelp help to infuse ions into the skin thereby providing the right balance of moisture allowing the water content of the skin cells to be maintained.
Vitamins: the range of vitamins in the kelp help to maintain healthy skin, protect the skin and help to repair damaged caused from free radicals which cause age spots, loss of elasticity and wrinkles.
Copper: plays a specific role in the production of hemoglobin and helps to keep blood cells healthy
Iron: helps to carry oxygen through the body. The iron in the seaweed can help to bring vital oxygen to the surface to combat free radical damage.
Magnesium: is involved in the synthesis of proteins and helps to regulate body temperature
Zinc: plays an integral role in the healing and maintenance of all body tissues
Canadian Glacial Clay
This indigenous clay is an inter-tidal fine colloidal clay that originated as a result of accumulation over tens of thousands of years of glacial materials deep in the Pacific waters of North Western Canada (B.C. Coast). This unique clay is found in deposits and it has been shown to contain “rare elements and rare earth’s” that provide numerous benefits to the skin. This clay has been studied by many notable research scientists and has been found to possess qualities that promote healthy skin and also help to ease muscle pain and inflammation, heal acne as well as other skin problems.
Glacial clay is sustainably harvested by removing it from deposits that are carefully protected and secured. No boats or heavy machinery is brought within a certain vicinity of the deposit and all clay is hand collected using gentle methods. No disruption of the eco-system and surrounding environment occurs during harvesting and a natural Filtration system is used to clean the clay.
Composed of particles that are small enough to create a powerful absorption factor for the skin, glacial clay has the ability to remove toxins, bacteria and dead skin cells and leave the skin healthy, purified, and smooth. Because its pH is between 6.5 and 7.3 it’s an excellent clay to use topically on the skin. When applied to the skin as a mask, oxidation and circulation are accelerated, defensive functions stimulated and body temperature lightly raised.
Specific clay minerals & rare elements: beneficial for skin care:
- Aluminum Dioxide
- Silicon Dioxide
- Iron Dioxide
- Magnesium Dioxide
- Potassium Dioxide
- Sodium Oxide
- Calcium Oxide + Rare earth elements: Cerium, Lanthanum, Neodymium, Samarium, Europium, Ytterbium.
Read about more unique ingredients and how they’re used in skin care products.